WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
Thank you for choosing our office to aid in your treatment and help you on the road to healing. Below are a few things you can expect after your first treatment:
1. After the first and second treatment you may be sore. This is due to the fact that your spine, joints and muscles have not been in the proper alignment so the muscles surrounding/connected to the spine, joints, and muscles have to be retrained. Drink plenty of water after your adjustments to help your body rid it self of toxins that are released from the muscles.
2. You will be assigned a treatment plan. This will include chiropractic therapy, exercises and possibly other therapies that the doctor feels will aid in your recovery.
3. Your first few weeks of therapy will be more frequent due to your spine, joints and muscles wanting to return to the position that they were in prior to your adjustment. The frequencies of the visits help retrain the spine, joints, and muscles to stay in proper alignment.
4. You will be assigned an exercise program. This will help restore the proper range of motion to your joints. Proper range of motion is important for joint recuperation.
5. In the bag that you received during your first visit will be a hot/cold pack. Make sure you use this as directed by the doctor. It will help with your soreness and any inflammation that you may still have from your injuries. If anything else is included in the bag the Medical Assistant will make sure you are informed on its use.
6. Be sure to keep your appointments. If you are unable to come on your designated day you can come another day to make sure you keep on track.
7. Remember we are here to help you through this trying time and offer the best care we can.
It is important to us that as a new patient you know the reasoning behind your treatment plan. We realize that the doctor may have explained your treatment plan, but so much went on during your first, you may probably need a little refresher.
The first adjustment - Generally after the first few adjustments you will be a little sore. This is due to the fact that your spine, joints etc., have not been in the proper alignment so the muscles surrounding/connected to the spine, joints, have to be retrained. You will need to drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins that have been released.
The frequency of treatment - As a new patient you need to understand that the frequency of the prescribed treatments is to retrain the spine, joints and muscles. The first few weeks are more frequent due to your spine, joints and muscles wanting to return to the position that they were in, and not stay in the position the doctor has just put them in. The frequencies of the visits help retrain the spine, joints and muscles to stay in proper alignment.
Exercise - The exercises prescribed help to return the proper range of motion to the areas being treated. Proper range of motion is a huge factor to proper healing.
DME - Our doctors will make sure you are fitted and educated on the DME (Durable Medical Equipment) that is provided to you. The last thing we want to do is send a patient home with a new product they have no idea how to use.
© Copyright Lugiano Medical.
(215) 465-3446 Fax